The biggest benefit of using a functional trainer is the sheer amount of exercises you can perform on them. You really can work every single body part in such dynamic fashion. You can enjoy full and varied sessions on a functional trainer whether you are into full body training or split training.
Below are just a few examples of exercises you can perform on a functional trainer:
- Arms: Bicep curls, hammer curls, overhead triceps extensions.
- Shoulders: Cable crossovers, shoulder press, lat raise, reverse fly’s, upright rows.
- Back: Rows, pull downs, single arm rows, straight-arm pushdowns.
- Chest: Cable fly’s, chest press from any angle.
- Legs: Glute kickbacks, straight-legged deadlift, cable squats, leg raises
These machines deliver excellent functional training for everyone especially as assistance movements for athletes.